Monday, October 22, 2012

My favorite time of year

Ah, Fall, how I love you!  There are so many wonderful things about the autumn season.  The weather getting blustery, the leaves changing, the cinnamon in the air, and of course, Halloween.  I have many fond memories of going to the pumpkin patch as a child and picking out my special pumpkin, a tradition I plan on passing down to Shalom.  We took Shalom over to the local pumpkin patch a couple weekends ago to pick out her fist pumpkin.  Well, I did the picking out, but she seemed to enjoy all the interesting things to see.  I got her a little one and I got myself a big worty one that kept catching my eye.  Seth is not quite the Halloween sentimentalist that I am, so he got his pumpkin at Trader Joes because they are cheap there.  Boo.  But he did enjoy my excitement.  It was a fun family memory.  Lots more to come!  (And no, we didn't plan to match in our stripes, we just end up dressing alike on accident a lot)



1 comment:

Kim Haak said...

Shalom does look very happy among the pumpkins so maybe ... "Like mother , like daughter"?